Other sights PDF Print E-mail

Congregational Church

Congregational Church in Kragujevac was the first church built in Byzantine-Romanesque style in liberated Serbia which, among other things, gives it a special place in the architecture if the second half of the last century. Making a plan for the Catholic church in Kragujevac in 1866 Andreja Andrejevic, after many centuries, returned to its roots sacral architecture in the Byzantine Empire and marked the end of the dominance of the Baroque time. The church is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin. It is built of stone and brick with two-tone painted plastered facades. The church interior is richly decorated. The frescoes, marble floors, gilded iconostasis with icons and carved furniture contribute to the overall impression of luxury and elegance.

District Court Building

The building is one of the most successful realization of the famous architect Nikola Nestorovic. Built in the 1904 , in the spirit of the Italian Renaissance, with elements of the Viennese Secession and represents a striking and impressive architectural work. Building is representative, elegant shape with a series of embossed decorative ornamentation on the facades. One of the most beautiful public buildings in Serbia in the first decades of the twentieth century. In the lobby of the building held a part of the International Festival of Chamber Choirs.

Block "Moscow"

Building of Moscow and several neighboring buildings Secession tone gives the whole central part of town. It was the style of the boom of Serbia, whose refinement and now recognizes. In the city center, instead of loose, single-storey houses were built new buildings, built along European lines, under the direct influence of Vienna and Budapest. New buildings were most often on the floor, with a specially decorated street facades, decorated with ornate cornices under the eaves and around windows. Today, the picture of a nice time, when the city experienced a transformation and elevation.

Aleksa Obradovic House

Immediately across from the Cathedral, is another project of Andrew Andrejevića from 1887 , the house of Aleksa Obradovic. In addition to its architectural value, the house has historical significance. In fact, during World War II, from late July 1914 until early October 1915, it has worked in-Chief of the Serbian army, the regent Aleksandar Karadjordjevic.

Gymnasium

Old Labour Colony village, unique in Serbia, has been created 1929, as part of the reparations from World War II, for employees of the Military Technical Institute and their families. It was built 500 apartments, most types of huts in which lived about 2000 people, and associated activities. Among them is the most beautiful and most important object Sokolana. It was built for the event, and PE Sokol Society. It has undoubted architectural legacy and recent work has returned to her former glory and functions. In a public square in front of the set Sokolana Monument to King Alexander I Karadjordjevic.

 

Ko je na sajtu

We have 39 guests online

[+]
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
  • fresh color
  • warm color